Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Still love those guns, Virginia?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Still love those guns, Virginia?

    ok...Didn't read that sarcasm in your post!
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  2. #2
    Inactive Member j10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2007
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Still love those guns, Virginia?

    I agree that a gun ban wouldn't have helped. If this guy wanted a gun, he wouldn't have to look hard to find one. If he planned on killing all these people, I'm fairly sure he wouldn't have had a problem stealing or buying a gun illegaly to do it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Still love those guns, Virginia?

    Man, this is why it's hard for me to like most New Yorkers. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Still love those guns, Virginia?

    Now if you will excuse me, I feel the need for a very hot bath to wash away the stinch of the ignorance I just read. That shooting spree was an isolated incident. A tragic, horrific, unfathomable, and more than likely unstoppable, but isolated incident. I posted it before and I'll repeat it briefly here, if not for my gun, I probably would not be here today. Two terrifying incidents where two men tried to break into my house (several years apart, also). One managed to rip the back door off its hinges before the warning shot. So, yes, Mr. New Yorker, Mr. Michael Daly, I am a Virginian and I do still love my guns. (And yes, Mr. Daly will receive this in an e-mail from me).
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Still love those guns, Virginia?

    It's been said before and I'll say it again - gun control controls the people that are legal in their gun ownership to begin with.

    Anyone that wants to get their hands on a gun for undesirable reasons will find a way. Felons do it all the time.

    No need trying to change the laws now - we're too deep into it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 73fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2002
    Posts
    822
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Still love those guns, Virginia?

    i love my gun.
    "When Giving Your Best Is Not Good Enough"

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Still love those guns, Virginia?

    I don't think more guns is the answer, but I don't think less guns is the answer.

    Fairly logical way to think. How many illegal drugs are there? Did making them illegal make them go away? Heck no, if anything it probably increases them. There is more of a 'market' for them. If you or I could walk down to the Walmart and buy some crack off the shelf, then its not a quick rich scheme.

    Lets outlaw guns. Then someone who is 'touched in the head' has to go through illegal means, does anybody really think that is going to stop them?

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •